Saturday, August 1, 2009

What's the problem? the straightener or my hair?!?

I'm thinking about buying a new hair straightener. The thing is, I have the Remmington wet2straight wide, and I don't know if that's the problem. The problem might be my hair, but I doubt it.



My hair is really thick and frizzy and curly (picture: http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/5098/... )



when I straighten it, for the first 30 minutes its fine (picture: http://img439.imageshack.us/img439/5386/... )



But after that it gets frizzy and kinda poofy and starts to curl (picture: http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/9688/... )



What I want to know, is it my hair that's causing this, or the straightener? and what can I do to prevent it?



If It's my straightener, please state which straightener you use and what kind of hair you have. Thanks.



What's the problem? the straightener or my hair?!?

I know that they are expensive, but you should try a chi... they work.... really REALLY well. It is probably the straitener. not your hair. b/c i know a lot of people who have super curly hair and they can get it super straight... so yeah you should try a chi if you can afford it.....



What's the problem? the straightener or my hair?!?

i have thick wavy hair and it will not straighten no matter what i buy or where i go to have it chemically relaxed. it could just be your hair. sorry and i feel for you!



What's the problem? the straightener or my hair?!?

it's probably both. buy a straightener with a higher temperature. and use frizz-ease hair lotion. it works. then use hairspray.



What's the problem? the straightener or my hair?!?

I have curly hair, and have tried several things. Sometimes its the straightener.....its not always as good as it says it is. Or it could be that your hair is just really curly. I have had my hair straightened using those irons you buy at the store and only did a half way good job. Or it straightened it fine, just went back curly about an hour later. You can always try a professional straightening. If that dosent work, more than likely your hair just dosent agree with straightening.



What's the problem? the straightener or my hair?!?

It's definitely your straightener! I have extremely thick and curly hair and I decided to buy a straightener that I could use while my hair was still wet to save myself some time during my morning routine. I decided to buy the Remington wet2straight and within thirty minutes of straightening my hair, it turned into a giant frizz ball! Try using the ceramic series; they are fairly cheap and they work well. The only down side is that you can't use it while your hair is wet.



What's the problem? the straightener or my hair?!?

i have thick hair and ir is kindof curly and i ahve da soame problem but it is not da straightener but what i do is i go and gett some hair frizz stuff and it works for me but we have different kinds of hair but u can trie it is called -garnier fructis sleek and shine no frizz kk hope it helps u



What's the problem? the straightener or my hair?!?

It sounds like your hair isn't getting completely dry with the straightener. I'd try getting a new straightener and try getting one from Sally Beauty Supply. they sell to the public and to pros, but are more affordable than getting one from your stylist. The ones sold at drugs stores just don't seem to be hot enough or wear out quickly. I use a Conair Straightener at home and A pro one at work and there's a big difference.



Tip #2 would be that if you have finer hair it may tend to revert to waves and curls over the course of the day more than those with courser hair. In this case try using a product like Bead Head's Extra Extra Straight which helps straighten your hair and helps keep it straight despite humidity.



Try these tips and you should be in good shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment