Saturday, August 1, 2009

What's the best hair straightener (sp?)?

I have really, REALLY thick hair, and it's a huge mess. it's really poofy, frizzy, and a big tangle of curls and waves. I brush it a lot before i leave and a few hours later it starts getting frizzy and everything again. I went to my hairstylist to get my hair cut and he straightened my hair when he was done and i loved it! Now i'm wondering what the best straightener is to get for me. I have a conair but i straighten my hair in the morning and by late afternoon it starts becoming wavy. Is there a straightener that could "tame" my hair?



sorry this is so long.



Thanks in advance : )



What's the best hair straightener (sp?)?

Supperr Novva%26lt;3



llovee it ..



but it might be rather expensivve



well good luck hoe(:



What's the best hair straightener (sp?)?

i'd suggest a Sedu.



A lot of salons use them, you could ask your hairstylist what kind he used. My hairstylist uses Sedu. Or GHD. They're amazingggg.



What's the best hair straightener (sp?)?

chi!!!



What's the best hair straightener (sp?)?

i have a chi and i really like it...whenever i use my friends conair now i don't know how i used to be able to straighten my hair with anything other than mine because it works so much better



What's the best hair straightener (sp?)?

well i no how u feel!! i went in 2 the hairdressers the last day nd they were all like omy gosh how thick is your hair!! 3 girls had 2 straighten it!



well i bought a ghd and to be honest with u i would be lost without it! i no it does cost quite a bit but 2 be honest ITS DEFINITLY WORTH IT! i have had mine 4 at least 2 years and straighten my hair atleast 5 a week and the straightner is PERFECT! its worth it!!



Goodluck!



XxX



What's the best hair straightener (sp?)?

Any straightener will work fine. This Chi bullshit will work just as well as one from Wal-Mart, you just have to know how to use it.



Stay away from professional irons (the expensive ****), they're meant just for that.. professionals. They get way hotter than Conair and the like, and if you don't know what you're doing you will **** your hair up even worse.



The wavy-ness could be from humidity in the air or sweat from your scalp if you have gym or something. Try going over your hair with the blowdryer on the cool setting after you've straightened your hair. I also spray my hair with hairspray (the one in the aerosol-type can, not the pump kind), let it dry, and then brush their hairsprays hold out to keep it from frizzing if it happens to be a little humid.



What's the best hair straightener (sp?)?

I got my Solia a few years back, it worked great for my hair (and my sister's hair too). Last August my sister went to a college in california, she took the Solia with her. Initially I wanted another Solia, but Jonna (my hair stylist) convinced me to get a Sedu. I did. Like Jonna said, Sedu is the best.



Now they have 2008 model (Sedu Revolution) , i can't wait to try it!



What's the best hair straightener (sp?)?

Sedu is the best. That's what my hair stylist use. I've tried many flat irons (CHI, TCP, T3 and GHD).



What's the best hair straightener (sp?)?

As a stylist, I have used a lot of flat irons/hair straighteners, including Sedu, Hai, Infrashine, Chi, Paul Mitchell, Solia, Big Sexy, Andis, Babyliss Ghd, T3, Kenta etc. You should get a Professional hair straightener, they style much better and faster, and most importantly, they protect your hair.



In terms of performance:



The best ones are: Sedu, Kenta, Solia, Infrashine, Ghd. These are top of the line professional brands



Above average: Chi, Hai, Paul Mitchell,



Average: T3, Big Sexy, Andis, Babyliss



Below Average: Conair, Vidal Sassoon, Revlon, Bed Head etc. These are cheap consumer brands that you will find in drugstore. If you care about your hair, do NOT buy them.



Helpful Flat Iron Instruction Video:



How to Curl Hair With Straightener



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfoihBOzP...



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k57daS_c_...



http://www.folica.com/info/curl-hair-fla...



http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-curl...



How to Use a Flat Iron



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov7NWAWPb...



How to Add Volume to Your Hair:



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCyLM_kuu...



How to Create Sexy Waves with a Flat Iron



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7_Olhlb2...



How to Flip your Hair:



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrMPuIdQ0...



=== Tips for buying professional hair appliances ===



Do NOT buy professional hair appliances from unauthorized places like amazom.com, eBay, Target, Walmart, etc. Because if you do, manufacturers will refuse to honor the warranty. Buy from licensed places like salon, licensed professional beauty stores like Folica.com, Ulta.com, West Coast Beauty Supply Inc. etc.



What's the best hair straightener (sp?)?

Sedu is the best thing that has ever happened to my hair. I have fine extremely curly hair, that frizzes up to a big afro with the first sign of humidity. It takes me over an hour to blow dry my hair straight. And I have to put all kinds of product in it. Then I have to do a hair wrap to keep it smooth. I have tried everything, including Thermal Reconditioning which worked great, until all my hair started to break and fall off. Every time I comed my hair, my bathroom floor looked like a rug. Not to mention, I still had to spend an hour blowdrying my hair. It just didn't frizz afterwards. After endind up with a third less hair and a bold spot in front of my head, it was clear I would not do that to my hair again.



With Sedu, my hair is perfectly straigh, with no frizz, and increadible shine. When I first got it, I had washed my hair 2 days before and had put it up on a braid. When I let my hair down it had dried up into this curly frizzy mess. I was able to make it pin straigh with very little effort, and best of all, whithout any blow-drying. It looked the same way as when I got the Bio-ionic treatment done. One thing, if it doesn't work for you, you might need to make the temperature hotter. I straighten all my hair out, when I realized I could make the iron hotter. That's when my hair turned into a dream come true. When my sister saw my hair, she told me, she wanted a Sedu for X-mas. I actually got mine a week ago. I took it on a 3 day trip to the keys (Florida)and had beautiful straight hair the whole time. I just did it again today, and was turning heads everywhere. I'm I glad I didn't get that $350 bio-ionic flat iron. Take it from the most critical people in the world (my sister and I) Sedu is awesome!!! get one. It is worth every penny and more.



The main difference between Sedu and CHI is: you can adjust temperature on Sedu, while the temp is fixed on CHI, it may fried your hair if your hair is thin.



Sedu is the best flat iron out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment